Banana, toffee and chocolate all in one recipe ❤ My most favourite sweet things combined and best of all … they’re clean! Plus these little beauties look so pretty and they’re raw which makes them super easy to make. Gluten free, dairy free, vegan and no refined sugar.
You can prep them in advance and store them in the freezer as a delicious little dinner party dessert. I’m doing some work with Ninja Kitchen at the moment so the recipe gives exact guidelines if you have the Ninja kit. If not, don’t be put off … simply use your regular food processor to blitz the base and cashew cream layers.
For Ninja owners – here is an easy print recipe card; Ninja Banoffee Pies
200g chopped dates
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
50g brazil nuts
200ml (half a tin) coconut milk
1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
200g cashew nuts
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 large banana
100ml coconut milk
3 tablespoons of nut butter
1 tablespoon of cacao powder
Pinch of sea salt
+ fresh banana & dark chocolate to decorate
Prep time: 15 minutes
Freezer time: 1 hour
Container: 1.2L Blend & Prep Bowl
Makes: 12 mini pies
1. Place the chopping blade into the 1.2L Blend & Prep Bowl and add the base layer ingredients. PULSE 3 times, then process on HIGH for 60 seconds to blend
2. Scoop a tablespoon of base mixture into a silicone cup cake mould and press down firmly. Repeat until the tray is full and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes
3. Add the mid layer ingredients to the 1.2L Blend & Prep Bowl. PULSE 3 times, then process on FOOD PUREE for 45 seconds. Scrape down sides, then process for a further 15 seconds until the cashew cream is smooth and evenly combined.
4. Use a tablespoon to scoop the mid layer cream on top of the frozen banoffee bases. Repeat until the tray is full and return the tray to the freezer for 20 minutes. (You should be left with a third of the mixture still in the blend and prep bowl)
5. Add the top layer ingredients to the remaining cashew cream and process on FOOD PUREE for 60 seconds.
6. Spoon the nutty chocolate cream onto the frozen mid layer, dividing it equally between all 12 silicone cups. Return to the freezer for at least 20 minutes to set
7. Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for an hour before serving. Top with a slice of fresh banana and grated dark chocolate.